AIChE is a professional society of more than 60,000 members in more than 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities and government using their knowledge of chemical processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. Through its varied programs, AIChE continues to be a focal point for information exchange on the frontier of chemical engineering research in such areas as nanotechnology, sustainability, hydrogen fuels, biological and environmental engineering, translational medicine, and chemical plant safety and security.
AICHE’S Vision is to provide value as:
- The Global Leader of the chemical Engineering profession,
- The Lifetime Center for professional & personal growth, and security of chemical engineers,
- The Foremost Catalyst in applying chemical engineering expertise in meeting societal needs.
- Promote excellence in chemical engineering education and global practice
- Advance the development and exchange of relevant knowledge
- Uphold and advance the profession’s standards, ethics and diversity
- Promote safety in every aspect of chemical engineering
- Enhance the lifelong career development and financial security of chemical engineers through products, services, networking, and advocacy
- Stimulate collaborative efforts among industry, universities, government, and professional societies
- Encourage other engineering and scientific professionals to participate in AIChE activities;
- Advocate public policy that embraces sound technical and economic information and that represents the interest of chemical engineers
- Facilitate public understanding of technical issues; and
- Achieve excellence in operations of the Institute.